Vacation, no matter how short, works

Students given break in October

With the newly added Fall Break, students appreciate the ability to relax, not think about school, and go on vacations for a week. While some may argue that the week break could damage the progress of some students, most believe the mental break from school has a positive effect on the school and its students. 

The majority have been positively affected mention a break from school had caused them less pressure and given them time to themselves to not worry about school.

“I like getting the week off,” sophomore Abby Parrow said. “It gives students the time to relax and take a break from stress, and I’m able to focus on things other than school and take some time to myself without school being in the back of my mind.”

Along with the lack of stress, students are able to vacation and visit places and family who they can’t see often, and it is less expensive to travel this time of year.

“During the break I am going to Dallas to see my cousins,” Parrow said. “[The break] has given me opportunities to spend more time with family members I don’t see often. My cousins and I are going to the Arboretum, and I’m looking forward to it because I know it’ll be fun.”

Academically, this break provided students time to refresh themselves and their minds, and with the lack of stress, many have found it to improve their scores overall.

“This break has positively affected me,” Parrow said. “I’m able to take time for myself, without worrying about some new assignment due at 11:59, and it’s a breath of fresh air.”

Overall, the Fall Break has seemed to positively impact the students and staff of Klein Collins and the district as a whole.

“I believe the break is undoubtedly a helpful benefit for everyone,” Parrow said. “It gives everyone a chance to relax and not think about the stress that surrounds school or work.”