51st Annual Klein ISD FFA Livestock and Project Show

The 51st annual Klein ISD Livestock and Project Show is being held at the Klein Multipurpose center during the first week of February.

Alexis Davis, Copy Editor

The 51st Annual Klein ISD Livestock and Project Show is being held from February 5-8, 2020 at the Klein Multipurpose Center. The community is invited to watch over 400 FFA members exhibit a variety of livestock and non-livestock projects such as horticulture and agriculture mechanics. A floral design competition will also be held. Concessions and a silent auction of different baskets will also be offered during the show. 

The KISD Project Show is where FFA members that are raising animals are given the opportunity to compete against other FFA students of Klein ISD. Students will properly show their animal or animals in front of a judge who will decide if he/she goes to auction or tent sale. The Livestock and Project Show allows students to show off their hard work and dedication to their projects that they’ve been working on all year long. The show also allows students to receive donations, scholarships and cash prizes for their projects.

After the show, students who are ranked high enough proceed to auction. Students who make auction are guaranteed a buyer and typically make more money than those who go to freezer sale. Students who don’t make auction or the top of their classes go to freezer sale where anyone can buy their animal or project, these students typically walk around and talk to buyers encouraging them to purchase their animals. 

If you would like to support your local FFA chapter and members, you and your family can attend the Livestock and Project Show February 5-8 at the Klein ISD Multipurpose Center. At the Klein Multipurpose Center, you can also make an add-on towards a specific student and their project. Add-on money is money added on top of the sale price, not built into the price. This is just another way you can support FFA members.