Smile Seniors, It’s Picture Day!

Instead+of+the+traditional+school+pictures%2C+seniors+take+their+picture+with+a+cap+and+gown+to+celebrate+the+event+of+graduation.+

Camryn Degutis

Instead of the traditional school pictures, seniors take their picture with a cap and gown to celebrate the event of graduation.

Camryn Degutis, Staff Writer

Senior portraits for the yearbook must be taken at Prestige Studios by Oct. 14.    

“I do think we should have an upperclassman picture because we are seniors,” senior Lauren Carag said. “It’s our right as a senior to have one. It helps to distinguish us from all the underclassmen.”

The senior pictures include cap and gown for both genders. Ladies also take pictures in a drape while gentlemen will wear a tux.  

“I enjoyed wearing the tux instead of the gown,” senior Mason Wammack said. “I liked how classy I looked in the picture. The tux reminds me of my goals for graduation.”

To be able to wear the National Honor Society (NHS) stole in senior pictures, Prestige recommends that all NHS students bringing a photo of a membership card or picture of a certificate. Prestige has a list of names of people who are in NHS but still suggest bringing a photocopy in case the list has not been updated.

“It’s an honor to wear the NHS stole,” Carag said. “It signifies all my hard work and my academic achievement.”

The proofs of senior pictures are sent in the mail two weeks after the scheduled picture appointment.

“The proofs come with a link,” Prestige Studios manager Kathy Boling said. “This link can be used online to purchase pictures.”

To order senior portraits, go to prestigeportraits.com and click “shop.” Once an account is made, enter in the code provided with the proofs, and pay for the desired images.  

“My pictures went fantastic,” Wammack said. “They were quick and professional. Prestige had a fun atmosphere to get pictures taken at.”  

Prestige also offers studio portraits to celebrate the special event of graduation. Seniors can bring up to three different outfits and props. They offer a variety of backgrounds for each client.

“We do the full spectrum,” Boling said. “ We have the yearbook pictures and senior pictures.  “Both can be done at our studio with an appointment.”

To schedule an appointment, call Prestige at (281) 897-8300 and make an appointment by phone. The Prestige office is located at 18730 Tomball Parkway Suite B Houston, TX 77070. If seniors happen to miss their appointment, they will need to reschedule as soon as possible.

“If they miss an appointment, then they will need to reschedule as soon as possible, ” Boling said. “The deadline is coming up on October 14.”