Breaking News
The Student News Site of Klein Collins High School

Legacy Press

Legacy Press

Legacy Press

Movie Review Coming 2024

Created in Canva by Mia Trujillo
Created in Canva by Mia Trujillo

With a wide variety of different new and creative movies and films announced to come in 2024, there’s a movie for anyone and everyone.(!) Musicals, comedies, dramas, remakes and sequels of classic, beloved movies; you name it, and there’s a movie just for you in the new year. 

‘Mean Girls’ (2024): The highly anticipated remake of the 2000’s classic ‘Mean Girls’ coming to theaters on January 12th, but with a twist. This new movie is based off the Broadway musical, ‘Mean Girls’, which is entirely inspired by the original movie. So, instead of being a random remake of the modern classic, this new movie is a musical. While this movie hasn’t been advertised as a musical and more of a remake, it should be new and interesting to see this musical be adapted into a movie format. Anyone who enjoyed the original ‘Mean Girls’, loves the musical, or wants to see the classic in a new format, should definitely check out this movie.

‘Bob Marley: One Love’ (2024): This biopic drama based on the infamous Bob Marley makes its way into theaters this upcoming Valentine’s Day. Following his life, rise to fame, and his influence, this film celebrates the life and legacy that Bob Marley led and created. Those who enjoy any of Marley’s music and its message, are interested in his life and how he rose over adversity, or like to enjoy a film based on history, this is the movie for you.

‘Inside Out 2’ (2024): This movie is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Pixar animated film ‘Inside Out’, which follows Riley and her 5 emotions: Joy, Sadness, Fear, Disgust, and Anger. But, this sequel, coming June 14th, introduces new emotions, and it’ll follow the trials and tribulations of growing up. For many, the original ‘Inside Out’ is a film that they can look back at with a feeling of nostalgia, and even with the silly concept of the movie, it still resonates with many people with the feelings (good and bad) of growing up. Any person who genuinely enjoyed the first movie or wants a feeling of nostalgia, mark your calendars.

‘Wicked: Part 1’ (2024): Another movie based on a musical, this movie (that will be split into two parts) coming out on November 24th, is inspired by the Broadway musical ‘Wicked’. The controversy surrounding co-stars Ariana Grade and Ethan Slater have greatly overshadowed the actual movie. Many might not want to see this due to the people involved, but for anyone who loves the musical ‘Wicked’, this movie is perfect, even if you might have to wait for Part 2.

While these are only a handful of movies that are coming in 2024, it definitely shows the diversity in the types of films we will receive in 2024. If you look into it, you’ll be able to find the right movie for you.