Breaking News
The Student News Site of Klein Collins High School

Legacy Press

Legacy Press

Legacy Press

Varsity Baseball Crushes Westfield 11-1

Hammad Afzal / Legacy Media
Junior Jacob Jarvis fires a baseball across the plate during a playoff game against Westfiled April 26. The baseball team won the game 11-1.

Westfield didn’t have a chance, as the Varsity Baseball team won in blowout fashion, 11-1 in six innings at Westfield HS.

The Klein Collins Tigers Varsity scored five runs in the sixth on an RBI single byAustin Finnigan, a two-run triple by Hunter Strawn, an RBI single by Jason Helms, and an RBI double by Mikey Tanner.

Helms racked up three RBIs on two hits for the Klein Collins Tigers Varsity.

Lance Moszkowicz shut down Westfield while he was on the mound. Moszkowicz held Westfield hitless over two innings, allowed no earned runs, walked none and struck out three.

The Klein Collins Tigers Varsity stayed on top until the final out after taking the lead in the second, scoring two runs on an RBI double by Tristan Sanders and a groundout by Jared Huber.

The Klein Collins Tigers Varsity built upon their lead with four runs in the fifth. A scored Joel Rodriguez for the inning’s first run. That was followed up by Helms’ double, scoring Finnigan and Jacob Rodriguez.

Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.