Early Lead Gives Varsity Baseball 14-2 Win Over College Park

Varsity Baseball jumped out to an early lead on College Park and captured a 14-2 victory at the Saturday home game.

The game was decided quickly as the team exerted their will early with 11 runs in the first three innings.

An error, a two-run error, and a two-run home run by Nick Carni during the first inning and a three-run home run by Jason Helms and an RBI single by Tristan Sanders in the second inning fueled the team’s offense early.

The team hit four home runs in the win. Additional home runs came when Jake Jarvis homered in the third inning and Jonathan Silva homered in the fourth inning. Helms racked up three RBIs on two hits.

Lance Moszkowicz recorded the win, allowing two runs over five innings. He struck out seven, walked one and surrendered three hits. The team hammered College Park pitching as six hitters had a field day, combining for 10 hits, 10 RBIs and 14 runs scored.

The team got two-run rallies in the third inning and the fifth. In the third, they scored on a two-run home run by Jarvis, scoring Austin Finnigan.

“Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.” Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.