Breaking News
The Student News Site of Klein Collins High School

Legacy Press

Legacy Press

Legacy Press

Street Fashion? More like hallway fashion!

Students show their best to reflect their personal style
junior Sophia Quijano  photo by Martha Dykes

When coming back to school this year, the varying degrees of fashion throughout the school and the way students dressed stands out quite a bit. Fashion is important to most teens and there are some who stand out among the crowds in the hallway. 

What is your favorite part of your outfit and why?

“I really like how the dress fits, it hugs my hips, and I feel extremely confident in it.”

Why did you choose to wear this outfit?

“I feel like it looks really well with my body type and I really like the fabric because it feels soft and I also like the color of the dress.”

What do you think ties your outfit together?

“I think my shoes and hair tie my outfit together because my shoes really play into the look I’m going for and my hair plays into every outfit I wear.”

junior Elijah Weber photo by Martha Dykes

Why do you like wearing this outfit?

I like that it makes me stand out and I feel snazzy when I wear it.”

Did anyone give you inspiration for this outfit? If so, who and why?

“If I had to choose someone to give inspiration to this outfit I would have to say Spongebob because he wears a suit every day and this is always positive no matter what.”

What genre of music reminds you of your outfit and why?

“I would say my outfit would really go well with some jazz. If some jazz started    playing right now I would break into dance with this outfit on.”

senior Natalie Horbury photo by Martha Dykes

What is your favorite item in your outfit and why?

“My favorite item in this outfit would have to be my shoes. My shoes make me look and feel taller and it really goes with a majority of my outfits.”

If you had to pick a decade to wear this fit in, which would it be and why?

“I feel like I really correlate this outfit with the ’80s. My hair and shirt kind of reminds me of a rocker girl for the 80s.”

What is fashion to you?

“Fashion is a form of expression and almost like art to me, because I can’t show my emotions through my outfits.”

Although these are three students who we see in the hall, all three of them express either to express their emotions or how they want to be seen. There are others who do the same as they wind through the halls going from class to class.